Skip to content
Vision, Mission & Core Values
Mandate & Functions
Our perspective on Crime
What we do
What We Research
The Challenge of Election-Related Crimes and Offences in Kenya
Annual Crime Year Book
Report on Urban and Peri-Urban Residential Housing-Related Crimes in Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu
The Role of Chiefs in Localized Crime and Security Management
2020 National Crime Mapping Crime Patterns and Trends in Kenya
Status of Child Protection in Charitable Children’s Institutions in Kenya
Baseline Survey on Land-Related Crimes in Kenya
Factors Shaping Police Performance in Kenya
The Delivery of Community-Based Sentences: The Case of Probation Orders in Kenya
Protecting the Family in the Time of Covid-19 Pandemic in Kenya
Corruption in the Public Service
Masculinity and Intimate Partner Violence
Boda boda Motorcycle Challenges
Domestic Violence in Kenya
Arsons in Secondary Schools
County Crime, Violence and Prevention Survey
Capital Offences and Punishment
Delivery of Community Service Order
Election Crimes and Offences
Emerging Crimes: The Case of Kidnapping
Gender Based Violence
Organized Criminal Gangs
How we work
Agenda Setting to Prioritize Research Theme for the Planning Period.
Desk/Secondary Research from all Crime Related Data Reports Collated from Agencies.
Primary (Field Research) Conduct Field Study in Specified Regions Of The Country.
Data Analysis to Establish Trends, Root Causes Consequences & Prevention
Managing Findings, Issuance of Advisory Policy Briefs, Issues Briefs, and Research Reports.
Crime and Violence Prevention Using Research Reports to Train State & Non State Actors on Local Content.
Causes of Crime in Kenya from NCRC research can be categorized into primary, secondary and tertiary causes.
47 County Data
online Survel Template
Types and prevalence of crimes:
1. Based on your knowledge and/or experience, would you say there are crimes committed in this locality?
2. In the last 12 months, have you and/or a member of your family experienced or witnessed a crime(s) in this locality?
3. Name specific areas/places (hotspots) in this locality where crimes mostly occur.
Root causes of crimes:
4. What are the root causes of crimes in this locality?
Perpetrators and victims of crimes:
5. Who would you say are the perpetrators of crimes in this locality?
6. Who would you say are the victims of crimes in this locality?
Mode of operation of criminals:
7. At what time of the day are crimes mostly committed in this locality?
8. What day(s) of the week are crimes most likely to occur in this locality?
9. What time of the month are crimes most likely to occur in this locality?
10. During the year, when are crimes highest in this locality?
11. How do criminals commit crimes against their victims?
Consequences of crimes:
12. What are the consequences of crimes in this locality?
Challenges in addressing crimes:
13. In your view and/or experience, what do you think are the challenges faced in addressing crimes in this locality?
Recommendations to address crimes:
14. What are your recommendations to effectively address crimes in this locality?
NCRC 2022 AUDITOR GENERAL REPORT 30TH JUNE .
NCRC AUDIO VISUAL CITIZEN SERVICE DELIVERY CHARTER
NCRC HIV and AIDS Policy – Dec 2021
NCRC Performance Contract 2021-2022
NCRC Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022
NCRC Strategic Plan 2013 – 2017
NCRC Research Protocol
NCRC Mobile App
Citizen Service Delivery Charter
National Crime Research Act 1997
National Crime Research Centre
NCRC Career Guidelines
NCRC Human Resource
NCRC Approved Salary Structure 2019
Go to Top